1.1.11

NIGHT TWENTY THREE


Dear You,

I recently finished reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Johnathan Safran Foer and there was a chapter in it that I wanted to read to you. It's called The Sixth Borough. I thought you needed to hear it and I wished I'd written it. It's the perfect way to end the year just gone and the most poetic way to start the next. Plus, re-writing it helps me with my typewriting skills. 

Thanks for sending that to me by the way, it's been really useful. I've been typing everything: letters to the editor, inter-office memos, weekly shopping lists. I got the 'o' fixed so I don't have to write words with a zero in the middle of them anymore. Now words like 'googled' and 'opulent' and 'opinion' and 'zero' no longer make my letters look like an erractic hilly terrain - the kind that might make you carsick if you had to spend more than ten minutes travelling it. Instead they make these generous level plateaus for my message to stretch across. Kind of like the nullabor, but hopefully with more signs of life.  

Also, now I can stop signing off my letters in other languages like German - Ich liebe dich, or Icelandic - Ég elska þig, or Estonian - Minä rakastan sinua. And, I don't have to supplement whole words anymore. For example, you with 'u' or two, to or too with '2'. It's been great, it's really changed the way I write. I have googled sooo many new words on dictionaryreference.com, before sitting down at the typewriter, that I decided it was in my best interests to make it one of my bookmarks. My letters used to be sooo succinct and frugal but now they're wordy and opulent.   

I thought I'd include some old NYC photos I found when I was packing yesterday. Can you believe it's been two years since? And here I am, packing again. It's exciting though, not knowing where I'm going next. Daunting, but sooo exciting. I am excited times 1,ooo,ooo. Anyway, that's enough from me. I hope you enjoy the story and let me know your opinion of it.

I love you sooo much, times two, times 1,ooo,ooo.

Yours trooly,
XX  

No comments:

Post a Comment