12.7.10

DAY EIGHT


Dear Julia,

Today Jen and I went swimming at Gilmore Beach - the water was the perfect temperature - not like at home. Afterwards, we had icecream and walked along the coastline and never before have I had honeycomb crunch taste so good. It was around the tail-end of sunset which, by the way, had nearly every colour of the spectrum in it...amazing. The deep reds of the sky made Jen's hair look even more red than usual. On our way back home we saw a nice little italian restaurant, lots of intimate corners to chat over your spaghetti and wine, so Jen suggested we go there for dinner tonight. Can't wait.
Sorry I missed your call. I was shopping with Jen at the time (she wanted to get a new dress for dinner) and I couldn't hear my phone over the store's music. Everything feels amazing here, all the sights and smells are amplified ten-fold. It reminds me of when you and I went on our first holiday together to Bateman's Bay - the colours and climate - do you remember?
I've attached a pic of our swim today. I'm still getting used to the new camera but I think I've managed to capture the feeling of the holiday so far.
Wish you were her.

xx Stefan

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you. I do miss you but how can I compete with all that red hair and flaming schutzpah...next time you ignore my calls...it's all over red rover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i believe you mean 'chutzpah' steffen...and yes, it's true, you can't compete.
    it's easy to ignore your calls and make you see red.

    ReplyDelete